Thursday, August 25, 2005

Try Again Later

Ok so I guess I got my hopes up. Even after trying to keep my emotions under control, it still got the best of me. I am the best at fooling myself.... if that makes sense. Last Friday, I had my bloodwork done and my progesterone levels came back at a 14. We would like to have it at a 20 but my nurse, Diana, said that anything in the -teens is good. This kind of set me back, I thought for sure with the IUI and 2 good follicles everything would be ok. Well, my hopes of getting a big fat POSITIVE were quickly shattered this morning. The worse part was holding it in all day. I tried to tell my teaching buddies but got a little teary eyed (that is very common these days... for those of you that know me pretty well I don't cry so easily BUT now I cry at commercials.... what a sissy.) Ken was off today and being the best hubby in the world he brought me some medicine to school ( I have been fighting off a sinus infection...imagine that, I go back to school and get sick... I AM LITERALLY ALLERGIC TO MY JOB) Anyways I tell him and he was very sweet about it..." you can still go get your bloodwork taken tomorrow, right?" I told him I would call my Dr. to see if I need to or not. He left and I was OK... really I was pretty strong today. OK FAST FORWARD TO END OF SCHOOL >>>>>>>>>>> I am on my way home and call DR. who tells me NO I don't have to go for a blood test tomorrow because we already know what the answer is. After hanging up I guess my head couldn't take it anymore and I just let the flood gates go. AND wouldn't you know I hit every single STOP LIGHT... I only have 3 between my house and school BUT I hit every one of them. Ok so now I am at my mom and dad's and Ken, Mom, Josh, and Lisa (josh's girlfriend) left for Austin for Josh's car race. My dad came home from work to be with me... VERY SWEET!!! He asked if I had called anybody or if I had blogged yet...I thought that was funny that he asked if I had blogged it yet. So here I am...

Ken and I have decided to take a break from all of this and we'll see how things go. We need a break!!!

On a brighter note... I have a wonderful class this year. Even though, I really am allergic to my school...we all are... I feel like this year will be a good year.

Another thing is tomorrow is Friday and every teacher knows that Friday is the best day of the week. I have a wedding on Saturday and will rest and relax Sunday with Ken.


TODAY I am grateful for the men in my life... (here come the tears)

First my brother who greeted me at the door with a big hug and a comforting embrace.
Second my dad who took off from work just so I wouldn't be home alone.
and finally my hubby
who doesn't always have the words BUT definitely has this little way of making me feel special.
I love them all!

Thanks to all of you too for all your words of encouragement and prayers. Don't despair just because we are on break from baby making doesn't mean that we are ceasing the blog. I will keep you updated on all things in our life from the absolute boring to the extremely boring.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Girlfriend now you've got me teary eyed. Babies will come in time. And yes you've got the best men in all the world.
Luvs You Bunches,
~*~ Aunt Linda ~*~

Anonymous said...

I just know it will happen when you least expect it. You know your 3rd grade team is there for you and we all love you! If you ever need a shoulder or an ear, you can always count on me. Don't forget, it took me and Steve a long time before we had Kaylee. Our dog was our first child, just like yours. We didn't really want to wait that long, but now I wouldn't have had it any other way.
LOVE YOU!!!
Patti

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to say hang in there. My Aunt and Uncle went all the way to the Ukraine to adopt because they were having problems trying to get pregnant also. They now have 2 boys they adopted and suprise 2 little girls. I just wanted to tell you not to give up, because God works in mysterios ways someetimes.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for ya'll. A break might be just what you need. Have a good weekend.

Love you,
Charity

"Your Alabama Cousin :)"

Anonymous said...

Mags...Just wanted to say my heart goes out to ya'll and I'll continue to pray for you guys. Use this down time as a break to replenish yourself....mentally and physically. Have a super school year!! ~whitney~

Anonymous said...

Maggie & Ken, This news is as devastating for a "wanna be" Nanna and Pops as I know it is for you. We have to remember that God works in mysterious ways that we do not always understand. I know he will someday make you parents to a very lucky baby. In your words Maggie -- Today I am grateful for my Daughter-in-Law whom I love like my own birth child. I have entrusted in you my most precious wordly thing -- my only son. Hold your head high and know that you are lucky. You have so many people who love you and there is nothing more precious in the world.
Love, Mom and Rick